Parents are responsible for transporting children open enrolled to another district.

Even when a student is entitled to special education and transportation as a related service is included in the child’s IEP, parents are responsible for transportation to and from the receiving district. However, if a child open enrolls to a district that is contiguous to (borders) the resident district, and the parent’s income meets economic eligibility requirements, the family may receive a stipend for transportation, or be provided transportation by the district.