Mission, Vision, and Collective Commitments
to develop life-long learners, independent thinkers, and productive citizens of character.
- Where students will be safe, comfortable, and respected by faculty and fellow students.
- Where the rigor of our curriculum will challenge students to achieve at their full potential on each level of their learning process.
- Where our faculty is committed to developing long-term mentoring relationships with their students.
Our Vision for Learning
Colfax-Mingo’s vision is to ensure curriculum, instruction, and assessment are student centered and focused on continuous improvement. Meaningful learning is achieved through collaboration, technology integration, and high expectations for all.
Our Collective Commitments
|1||We commit to collaborating through PLCs|
|2||We commit to developing and delivering a guaranteed and viable curriculum|
|3||We commit to continuously reviewing and responding to assessment data|
|4||We commit to using evidence-based instructional strategies|
|5||We commit to using an MTSS structure that responds to both social-emotional and academic needs|
A little about Colfax-Mingo Community School District:
- Located along I-80 between Altoona and Newton (Less than 20 min from the bigger cities)
- Serves approximately 750 students from Colfax, Mingo, Valeria, Ira, Western Jasper, and Eastern Polk Counties.
- Merged Communities: The Colfax Tigers & Mingo Mohawks consolidated to provided better opportunities for our students
- Academic, athletic, fine art and social opportunities are a top priority of the district
- Offers amazing academics, athletic, and fine arts programming
- We are part of the South Iowa Conference offering a variety of extra-curricular opportunities.
- Thousands of dollars for our graduates given annually for post-secondary education
- Students have the opportunity to have an associates degree when they graduate!
- Smaller size; gives staff the ability to know your student on a personal level, keeping them engaged and on track to graduate
2019 Bond Referendum
- A staggering 77% of our community passed the bond referendum on November 5, 2019
- 12 million dollars in facilities updates including a multi-sport stadium, gymnasium and wellness center, building updates, and more!
- The stadium will be complete in the fall of 2021 and the gymnasium in the Fall of 2022.
I am especially excited to be in Colfax-Mingo because of the family atmosphere throughout our communities. There has been and continues to be a commitment to excellence in everything we do. Our foundational beliefs and commitments can be witnessed in each interaction with our students. Welcome home, Tigerhawks!