Colfax-Mingo Community School District offers a driver’s education program, with Street Smarts Drivers Education as the program provider for the district. Street Smarts is locally owned and operated and employs only Iowa-certified licensed instructors. The company is fully licensed by the Iowa Department of Education and the Iowa Department of Transportation. If you have questions about confirmation for those sessions, please call Street Smarts at 515-279-1112.
- Street Smarts requests that all applicants register for upcoming sessions and make payments online. Registrants can choose from several locations
- If you do not have internet access or would prefer to make a check payment, please call the Street Smarts office at 515-279-1112.
- All registration confirmation will be provided by Street Smarts Drivers Education.
Registration instructions for students who qualify for free or reduced-price meals
Colfax-Mingo Community School District students who currently receive free or reduced-price meals and have a signed current year Waiver of Confidentiality on file with the school district may qualify for a fully waived or reduced-price Street Smarts registration fee.
- Students who may be eligible for the fully waived or reduced Street Smarts registration fee should register for an upcoming session on the Street Smarts website using the following steps:
- Choose your preferred session
- Choose the check, cash, or money order payment option
- Call the Street Smarts office at 515-279-1112 to notify them of your eligibility.
- Street Smarts will confirm the reported eligibility with a representative from Colfax-Mingo Community School District and subsequently update the student’s registration status.
- If you have questions about your student’s current eligibility for free or reduced-price meals or wish to apply for free or reduced-price meals through the school district, please visit the Free and Reduced Price Information page.
School Driving Permits
In order to receive a school driving permit, you must first complete the DOT AFFIDAVIT FORM and then contact the Jr/Sr High School office at 515.674.4111 to schedule an appointment with the principal. Follow this link for detailed information on who qualifies for a school driving permit and the rules that apply: https://iowadot.gov/mvd/driverslicense/under-18