Every week, students in grades 7-12 participate in Social-Emotional Learning during Tigerhawk Team Time. If you are curious about our lessons or want to know what topics we are covering, please reach out to Ms. Joyce at email@example.com or call (515) 674-4111.
Crisis Help (note: in an emergency, call 911!)
- Central Iowa Crisis Line – Toll free line 844-258-8858
- Online Chat Counseling – Available Mon-Fri 9am-3pm
- Text Support – Mon-Fri 9am-3pm 800-332-4224
- Crisis Text Line – Text HOME to 741741 and a crisis worker will respond. Their website also has extra resources.
- Suicide Prevention Lifeline – You can chat online or call 1-800-273-8255. Their website also has extra resources.
- Crisis Hotline – 832-416-1199 (call) | 281-201-4430 (text)
- Capstone Behavioral Health- Therapy and Med Management, Behavioral Health Intervention Services (BHIS), Trauma-Focused Cognitive Behavioral Therapy, Substance Abuse Counseling
- 641-792-4012 1123 1st Ave. E, Ste 200, Newton, IA
- National Alliance on Mental Illness (includes some great information about how to help a friend, too!)
- Jasper County is connected with NAMI Central Iowa: 515-292-9400 or NAMI Newton: 641-417-9993
- Facebook: “Parents Creating Change in Iowa”
- Online Support Group “Casserole Club”- email firstname.lastname@example.org
Calming and Stress Relieving Resources
- SmilingMind– Mindfulness meditation programs designed to assist people in dealing with the pressure, stress and challenges of daily life (50+ sessions per age group)
- Stress Relieving Coloring- Coloring Page Variety, Motivational Quote Pages