409.03A – Head District Custodian/Maintenance Employee
The District Custodial/Maintenance Director shall be responsible for providing students with a safe, attractive, comfortable, clean, efficient place in which to learn, play, and develop.
The Head District Custodian/Maintenance employee shall be directly responsible to the Superintendent of Schools, who, in conjunction with the building principal, will evaluate the position annually.
- Will be employed as a Custodial/Maintenance employee of one building in the district. (See Board policy 409.3B for job description)
- Assume responsibility for the efficient and safe operation of his/her building and equipment related to the operation of the school plant.
- Establish a schedule for inspection of fire protection equipment in all district buildings,
- Maintain and oversee a plant operation line-item budget for the district’s buildings and grounds. He/She will work directly with the Superintendent on this.
- Facilitate monthly meetings with all district custodial and maintenance staff, in order to Develop or coordinate plans for all summer and break projects.
- Provide a written report to the Board monthly, reporting activities around the district, obtained at monthly meetings.
- Other duties, which may be assigned by the Superintendent of Schools.
Date of Adoption: June 11, 2001
Reviewed & Revised: March 11, 2002; January 15, 2007; February 21, 2011; January 10, 2014